University Place Family Law
Your attorney acts as your legal advocate during your divorce so that you can get the information you need to overcome every obstacle that arises. They must also lend a compassionate ear because you'll be dealing with issues that can turn your entire world upside down. Experts say that a divorce is one of the most stressful life events you can ever experience. If you were served divorce papers without warning, the situation may seem ever more dire.
No divorce is ever easy, but the process is far simpler if you are getting reliable advice from a qualified divorce professional. As difficult decisions arise, our University Place divorce lawyers will offer you legal guidance based on decades of experience.
There are a variety of ways a divorce can be handled in Washington State. Whether individual issues are contested, or can be agreed upon amicably, there are many ways our qualified lawyers can help. For instance:
- We can work with both you and your spouse to design an effective and acceptable parenting plan for your children.
- Our attorneys can help you reach agreements with your spouse on topics that benefit your entire family.
- We can help you realize your goals, and then figure out ways to attain them.
Why do so many divorcing couples in University Place choose our team of litigators? Because we not only fight to protect their legal rights, but also act as compassionate allies that can be trusted for reassurance and advice. In fact, our University Place divorce attorneys take great pride in being:
- Compassionate and sincere.
- Knowledgeable and experienced.
- Aggressive and tenacious.
- Skilled and creative.
If you need help with any family law matter, contact one of our skilled and professional University Place divorce lawyers today. Divorce won't be easy, but we will do our best to make sure your needs are met.University Place, Washington, the Family Court, and You
University Place is a small city in Pierce County, with only about 31,000 residents. University Place may seem like an odd name for a place without a university, but back when it got its name back in the 19th Century it was home to the University of Puget Sound. However, the University ended up selling the land back to the city and that was the end of their story. Today, University Place is a suburban city with many homes and businesses that help residents maintain a rewarding lifestyle. To find out about the local government and upcoming events, check out the University Place Municipal Website .
University Place, or U.V. as it's called by the locals, is so close to Tacoma that there are endless recreational options to enjoy. Even though University Place is mostly residential, there are still a number of great parks and golf courses to enjoy. Titlow Beach Park has it all, including a beach where you can look for flotsam and jetsam at low tide, and all sorts of marine critters in the tide pools. You can also check out Curran Apple Orchard for a stroll though the groves, and in the fall you can pick apples to mix up a batch of cider.
If you develop too much of a fondness for cider, it could adversely affect your marriage. If you end up getting divorced, you will have to handle the details at the Pierce County Family Court, which also deals with every other sort of family law matter. This includes issues involving paternity, adoption, protection orders and modifications of support, among others. If you have questions about any of these topics, contact one of our University Place divorce lawyers today.Common Family Law Matters Our University Place Family Law Layers Handle
Whether you're dealing with a family law matter or pursuing a divorce, you probably have questions about the law and how it applies to your situation. You can contact our law office and get answers directly from one of our WA State divorce lawyer without cost or obligation. You can also take a look at the following information for a brief overview of some of the more common family law topics.
- Child custody issues are the most difficult for many divorcing couples to overcome. No parent is eager to miss out on time with their children, but losing daily contact with your kids could be a reality depending on your circumstances. Divorcing couples must try to work together to develop a parenting plan, but if they can't a judge will do it for them. This end result should be avoided because you should be the person making decisions that affect the daily lives of your kids. Our University Place child custody lawyers can help you maintain focus when negotiations become emotionally charged. If your ex won't treat you in a fair way, we will not back down from a fight and are ready to take your case to court.
- Child support is necessary because the court places a child's needs at the forefront of all divorce proceedings. This means that one parent may have to pay the other parent a certain amount of money every month. Usually the custodial parent is the recipient. Child support is also necessary for unmarried mothers, but fathers sometimes won't claim responsibility. If this happens, you can petition the family court to perform a DNA test on the man in question. If they are the father then you University Place child support lawyer can help you take the next step.
- Spousal support, also called alimony, is another issue that often comes up during a divorce. If one partner earned the money while the other tended to the house and kids, the former may have to make monthly payments to the latter. If you were married for 25 or more years, those payment will likely last for the rest of your life unless your ex remarries or passes away. Get more information from one of our University Place spousal support lawyers by giving us a call.
- Divorce for men can be especially difficult, and this is even more true if they were unaware their wife was going to serve them with divorce papers. If this happened to you then you may feel like giving up. However, now is not the time to acquiesce to your spouse's demands because you have legal rights that must be acknowledged. It's also important to realize that the courts treat men and women as equals, so you have solid legal footing when it comes to property division, child custody, and alimony. Contact one of our University Place divorce for men attorneys to protect your legal rights.
- Protection orders and restraining orders are used to protect vulnerable adults and children from abusive members of their household. Nobody has any right to abuse you, so the family court provides these options as a means to remove yourself from the situation without fear of reprisal. They are almost always effective. If you would like more information about these options, one of our University Place protection order lawyers can help you fully understand you options.
- Modifications of support are sometimes needed when a person's financial situation changes. You may get really sick or get laid off from your job, so the court offers these options as a way to get back on your feet. However, there has to be a very good reason to make changes to a parenting plan or alimony payments. To find out whether you can petition the court for financial relief, talk to one of our University Place support modification lawyers today.
You can start planning your new future today by contacting our law office for a free consultation. Every divorce is unique, and you will need an attorney working with you who will devote the time and effort needed to help you realize your goals.
Also, you will likely need plenty of support as you deal with the emotional and financial obstacles that often go hand-in-hand with a Washington divorce. Our University Place divorce lawyers will provide you with the legal information you need to make sound choices on behalf of your family, no matter how difficult these decisions may be.
If you retain one of our divorce professionals they will always respect and value your time, answer all correspondence, and do the legwork needed to ensure you are getting the finest legal representation available.
Contact us today and find out how our talented team of University Place family law lawyers can help you.